Highest Number Of Record Race Wins - Black Caviar
Date of Record: 17/04/2013
With an unbroken record of 25 straight wins from 25 starts, the great mare Black Caviar has been retired from racing...
She won the TJ Smith at Randwick on Saturday, bringing up an Australian record 15th group 1 win.
Trainer Peter Moody and her owners thought long and hard about racing for another season, however, they agreed 25 was a great number to finish on.
He added Black Caviar\'s 2013 campaign, which also netted wins in the Lightning Stakes and William Reid Stakes, had been a bonus after her Royal Ascot win last year, that took a heavy toll on the mare.
Milestones in Black Caviar\'s 25-win career:
• Won her first race on April 18, 2009 at Flemington when ridden by Jarrad Noske
• Posted her first black-type win at her next start in the Blue Sapphire Stakes at Caulfield
• Her six-length winning margin in the Listed race was the equal biggest of her 24 starts, shared with her 2011 Schweppes Stakes victory
• Announced her arrival on the Group One stage with an emphatic Patinack Farm Classic win at Flemington on November 6, 2010
• Her biggest winning margin in a Group One race was her 4-1/2 length win in last year\'s Robert Sangster Stakes at Morphettville
• The closest she came to defeat was a narrow escape in last year\'s Diamond Jubilee Stakes at Royal Ascot, her first and only overseas appearance, when she won by a head
• Her aggregate winning margin was 79.7 lengths and her average winning margin was 3.184 lengths
• In winning the TJ Smith Stakes at Randwick, Black Caviar set an Australian record of 15 Group One victories
• She retires with $7,953,936 in stakes earnings
• Australian Horse Of The Year season 2010-11 and 2011-12
• Inducted into the Australian Racing Hall Of Fame in 2013, first horse to be inducted while still racing
• Ranked the best sprinter in the world for three straight years from 2010-2012
You Might Also Be Interested In This...